Friday, March 26, 2010

Top 10 gigs of 2009...

I had this all done out with small reviews and shit, but this blog thing is being a prick and won't let me post them haha, something to do with HTML coding, if only I understood... so, basically, here they are in pure list form.

10. The Likes of You presents Hernan Cattaneo (Argentina) & Loco Dice (Germany), at Brown Alley, May 15th. With local support.
9. The Likes of You presents Sasha (UK), at Billboard the Venue, November 20th. With local support.
8. Fuck Buttons (UK) / Dead Meadow (USA) / Afrirampo (Japan), at Corner Hotel, January 14th.
7. The Bronx / Mariachi El Bronx (USA), at Billboard the Venue, September 13th. With support from Ouch My Face and Dr El Suavo.
6. What is Music? Festival presents 50/50, at ABC Iwaki Auditorium, December 19th.
5. Dream Theater, at Palais Theatre, December 7th and 8th. With support from Pain of Salvation (Sweden).
4. Static Age Festival with Lightning Bolt (USA), at Lithuanian Club, November 28th. With support from Grey Daturas, Embers Big Band, Ivens, Justice Yeldham, Dead Dog and others.
3. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead (USA), at Corner Hotel, May 30th and 31st. With support from My Disco (both nights), Pets with Pets (first night) and A Friend of Mine (second night).
2. Winter Sound System with Armin van Buuren (Netherlands), at Melbourne Park, June 7th.
1. Pearl Jam (USA), at Etihad Stadium, November 20th. With support from Ben Harper and Relentless7 (USA) and Liam Finn (NZ).

I really don't understand why my reviews are totally fucked... I may try and get them up later, but this is already way overdue anyway so I'm thinking I'll just leave it for now. By the way, festivals in general weren't eligible for this countdown, BUT, as Lightning Bolt and Armin van Buuren did play full headlining sets at their respective fests, I have allowed their performances to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment